Revolution Events is committed to respecting your privacy rights and protecting personal information about you at all times. These privacy principles apply to all corporate entities doing business under the name Revolution Events:
- We comply with all laws and regulations where we conduct business, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) introduced on 25 May 2018.
- We never rent or sell personal information to third parties.
- We control the collection and use of personal information in order to administer our relationship with you and deliver superior service, including letting you know about events that may be relevant to you and connecting you with speakers or other participants at our events.
- We make it easy for you to remove your name from marketing lists, by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We insist that the contractors we hire to provide support services to Revolution Events adhere to our privacy principles.
- We safeguard and protect your personal information.
- We will update or disclose to you the personal information we have about you, upon request.
- We make every effort to keep personal files complete, up to date, accurate and secure.
- We ensure that our employees understand our privacy guidelines and their roles in complying with them.
- We are registered as a Data Controller with the UK Information Commissioners Office (ICO Ref: Z4614695).
Your Consent (Registration)
By providing my personal information for this event, I give my consent for this to be held and used by the event organisers and Data Controllers Revolution Events Ltd and the owner of the event (where applicable) and any third-party Data Processor acting on their behalf, in order to communicate with me about the current event and future events and for analysing event traffic with a view to improving the event experience for all participants.
Important Note: Badge scanning at our events
At many of our events, you will be issued with a bar-coded name badge to wear while you are attending the event. Exhibitors and other participants may use handheld bar-code scanners to facilitate enquiry-handling and they may request to scan your badge instead of exchanging business cards.
By allowing your badge to be scanned by a third party at one of our events you are giving permission for an electronic copy of your contact details to be passed to that third party, as a digital version of handing over your business card. You have the right to request that your badge is not scanned if you do not wish to provide your contact details in this way.
Your Consent (On-site)
By allowing my badge to be scanned by an exhibitor or sponsor when at the event, I am giving permission for the exhibitor or sponsor to receive the personal information that I provided when I registered for the event. I understand that this information may be used to contact me about their products or services and understand that it may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to which I give my consent.